|Each participant is to draft 10 famous people who they believe will die in the next year. You may not draft a pick if someone else already has.
Picks must die between November 9, 2015 and December 31st, 2016 and be confirmed dead by January 6th 2017.
All picks eligibility (as far as being famous enough) are subject to the common sense of a simple majority (50%+1) of the participants PRESENT (or dialed in) AT THE DRAFT. Generally speaking, picks must be famous for something other than being old / ill / tall / short, etc. Picks *cannot* be on death row. Local celebrities (e.g., Ron Magers, the Menards Guy, Virginia McCaskey) are welcome. Furthermore:
The participant with the most points at the end of the DP16 year wins. 0 point picks (100 or older) are tie-breakers
It is the responsibility of the participant to research and keep track of the demise of his picks
- The spouse/parent/child of a famous person does not qualify unless that person is famous on their own. (i.e. Hillary Clinton, yes. Roger Ebert's daughter, no).
- Just because someone is mentioned on wikipedia or another webpage, they are not necessarily famous.
- Just because someone is famous in some other part of the country / world does not make them famous in Chicago.
- The 'definition' of famous is: 'informed Chicagoans would be familiar with.'
- Any pick which was approved in the previous year's contest is automatically eligible for draft this year unless struck down before the draft begins.